APPLICANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING SIDEWALK AND GRADING
The Sidewalk and Grading Permit is issued for any work performed within a platted subdivision. It is intended to have an expedited process since subdivisions are required to have planned drainage when initially developed. The Sidewalk & Grading Permit verifies that your development plans do not change the planned drainage of the subdivision.
Sidewalk and Grading Application Instructions
1. Make sure you have a site plan for your development.
3. Use your Username and Password to log into your LCExpress account.
4. Select "Create Application" at the top.
5. Select "Sidewalk & Grading."
6. Review the "Application Help" and then click OK.
7. Click on "Begin Application."
8. Answer the intake questions providing as much detail as possible about your development project.
9. In the final step, you will need to upload your Site Plan.
11. The LCEO will review and verify the details of your application to confirm appropriate jurisdiction and required documentation.
12. The LCEO will invoice fees.
13. Pay the application fee
Once the permit can be approved, the LCEO will coordinate with the Lucas County Building Regulations (LCBR) to confirm approval. We will provide a Blue Slip to the LCBR.
Checklists to Help Your Plans Meet Minimum Requirements
Other Helpful Links