APPLICANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR PRELIMINARY ACCESS PERMIT FOR LOT SPLIT
The Lucas County Engineer requires an access permit for all lot splits/combines in order to verify the split/combine complies with the Lucas County Access Management Regulations (LCAMR) established in 2007. This particular type of access permit is referred to as a Preliminary Access Permit for Lot Split. You can find the LCAMR on the Lucas County Engineer website in the Traffic section under Access Management.
Preliminary Access Permit for Lot Split Procedures
1. You will need a completed Boundary Survey and Legal Description that is compliant with the LCAMR for the proposed parcel split(s) and remaining parcel.
2. Once you have completed the Boundary Survey then log on to LCExpress
4. Select "Permit Request"
5. Review the "Application Help" and then click OK.
6. Click on "Begin Application"
7. Answer the intake questions providing as much detail as possible about your development project
8. In the final step, you will need to upload your Boundary Survey and Legal Descriptions
10. The LCEO will review and verify the details of your application to confirm appropriate jurisdiction and required documentation then invoice for any fees.
11. Pay the application fee.
Once the permit can be approved, the LCEO will coordinate with the Toledo Lucas County Plan Commission (TLCPC) to allow the lot split to proceed with TLCPC requirements. Additional action may be needed once the split is complete.
Checklists to Help Your Plans Meet Minimum Requirements
Other Helpful Links